Sunday, July 27, 2014

Simple Affirmation

  For the new moon last night, I did a sort of ceremony in which I planted the seeds that I would like to see grow both in my life and in actual soil.  In the soil, I planted white sage and cilantro.  One of the seeds I planted for my life was for me to become a source of positivity to help others to find more light and happiness.  The best way I can think to work towards manifesting this is to share what insights I have that I use to grow positivity in my own life.  I will share with you how I practice so far.
  Recently, I have started meditating every morning.  My usual practice is to start cooking my breakfast when I get up.  This consists usually of diced organic red potatoes with some onions that I cook slowly for about an hour in a skillet, then later I will make eggs to complete the morning meal.  This gives me time to water my plants and make coffee before sitting on my meditation cushion.  I find that this slow process in the morning feels very natural for me and helps prepare me for the day ahead.
  Today, while sitting in meditation, I started by letting go of all of my thoughts that buzz around in my head.  This usually takes a bit of effort to quiet my inner dialogue.  I repeat as I breathe "breathe in, let go..."  After I am clear, I let myself dissolve and pictured myself as a calm and steady figure resembling a  statue of Buddha.  Then, I began to repeat to myself "I am alert and I am strong.  I am love and I am loved.  There is no limit to what I can accomplish."
  I by setting the tone for myself in this way, I create an expectation that I will work all day to fulfill.  It is simple but by practicing in this way, we can take control of ourselves to create results in our lives versus just reacting to what comes without intention.  I created a simple picture with this affirmation to share with you.  As I create more of these, I will post them here and on my facebook page.
Best wishes,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment